Saturday, July 19, 2014

Watching Suggestions/My Movie Marathon: Coen Brothers


The Joel and Ethan Coen are everyone's favorite directing duo. They have a long history of amazing films that are all completely unique, so they're a great subject for a movie marathon. A good test for your watching stamina is usually 4. In this case, I'm going with 2 films I have seen, although not recently; and 2 films I've never seen.

True Grit and Inside Llewyn Davis were great, but I've seen both in the last year. The same goes for Fargo, The Big Lebowski, and O Brother, Where Art Thou? However,  I saw  No Country for Old Men and A Serious Man when I was pretty young and never really absorbed anything.

As for films I've not seen, Barton Fink is a perfect choice because I've heard a lot about it. I've always enjoyed John Goodman and John Turturro (forgetting his recent Michael Bay entanglements). I've also chosen The Man Who Wasn't There, because neo-noir is so much fun.

What are your favorite Coen Brothers movies? Comments section is below

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting